2016 Paid Internships, now accepting applications!
Read description here
Marketing & Event Intern
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Social media design and updates for all pages and accounts
- Press releases for events such as ArtWalk, DTA! and Movies in the Parc
- Website updating and development
- E-blast design and coordination
- Publication writing, layout and distribution
- Promotional campaign development and projects
- Event help (details attached)
- Well organized and detail-oriented work.
- Work independently and with team when needed exercising responsible time management
- Recognize and work to deadlines
- Hours: See attached.
- Compensation: Internship position offers $8.50/hour. Downtown is also registered with UL-Lafayette and can offer college credits.
- About Downtown Lafayette Unlimited: Downtown Lafayette Unlimited (DLU) is a private, non-profit corporation formed in November, 1983. Its general mission is the physical, economic and cultural revitalization of the downtown district – restoring and preserving its important place as the center of life in Acadiana. DLU strives to provide the private sector leadership and coordination needed in the revitalization effort, working hand in hand with the DDA to affect a strong public-private partnership in downtown improvements. DLU is governed by a 20 member Board of Directors and utilizes committees and task forces to conduct the revitalization activities.
- Flexible office hour scheduling.
- Become part of the growth and excitement of Downtown.
- Gain experience working with a government agency and a non-profit organization.
- Learn to work with a board of directors and have the opportunity to make lasting contacts within the boards.
- Help meet an important community need.
- Work in a creative and supportive environment.
- Letter of recommendation upon completion of satisfactory internship program.
- Create work for long-standing community events including Downtown Alive!, Movies in the Parc and ArtWalk
(one year commitment requirement for both paid positions- Jan. 2016 - Dec. 2016)