You’re invited to Bowl for Kids’ Sake!
Bowl For Kids’ Sake is Big Brothers Big Sisters’ signature fundraiser. Each year half a million people across America come together to have fun and raise money to support Big Brothers Big Sisters as we change how children grow up! By supporting Bowl for Kids’ Sake, you can start something in your community - more Bigs and LIttles can be paired up, more friendships can be gained, and improved outlooks on life can be started. Whether you are a bowler or a non-bowler, you will have a great time while making a big difference for many children in Acadiana!
How can you get involved?
Bowling for a child’s well-being is rewarding regardless of the score! Here’s how you can participate:
1. Form a team! Call your friends, neighbors and co-workers to join your team!! Each team has 5 players at $200 minimum donation per team ($40 per person). Choose between four shifts, 9-11 a.m., 11 a.m. - 1 p.m., 1- 3 p.m., or 3-5 p.m.
2. Set a team fundraising goal-AIM HIGH! We suggest at least $500, but some of our teams raise over $2,500!
3. Motivate your team to raise money for Big Brothers Big Sisters. Share information about the impact on your community, keep your team informed about incentive prices, rules, contests, etc. All bowlers will receive a T-shirt and be eligible for door prizes!
4. Have FUN! Join us at Rock ‘n’ Bowl to celebrate your team’s success! Remember it's not about how good a bowler you are, it’s celebrating the impact the money your team collected will have on you community! It’s also St. Patrick’s Day, so complimentary green beer will be available for those 21 years and older!
5. Don’t forget to say THANK YOU! Thank your team members for their commitment to participate. Thank the people who donated to you! Call or e-mail them after the event to let them know how much money your team raised and thank them for support local children!
Where does the money go?
Big Brothers Big Sisters depends on donations to conduct background checks on volunteers to ensure child safety; and provide ongoing support for children, families and volunteers to build and sustain long-lasting relationships.Your role in this effort to help local children cannot be overstated: We need your help to raise community awareness of the challenges faced by local children and to ask for the financial support need to help change the trajectory of a child’s life.
For more information or to Sponsor this event, contact Kalli Christ at (337) 269-0454 or by email at email@example.com
Rock 'n' Bowl de Lafayette
Saturday, March 17th | 9 AM-5 PM | $200 ($40 per person/5 people per team) minimum