🥊 ARE YOU READY FOR ANOTHER SNACKDOWN? 🥊
After the success of our Chicken Sandwich Snackdown, we decided we need a Round Two! Enter…THE BURGER BATTLE ROYALE.
Downtown restaurants will compete from October 30 – November 28 for the ultimate title: Burger Battle Champion of Downtown. And we need YOU to help us pick the winner.
Visit participating Downtown restaurants, try the burgers, and vote for the one you like best!
Where’s the beef?
In Downtown Lafayette!
Agave Mexican Grill and Cantina (Downtown),
Black Cafe, sponsored by ADP Solutions
CENTRAL Pizza & Bar,
The Grouse Room, sponsored by LANTEC of Louisiana Corporate Training Center
Handy Stop Market & Cafe,
Hideaway on Lee, sponsored by Law Offices of Matt and Allen
Johnson’s Boucanière, sponsored by Law Offices of Matt and Allen
La Carreta Lafayette, sponsored by 337 Media
Pamplona Tapas Bar, sponsored by Klout 9
Pat’s Downtown Lafayette, sponsored by ACSW Architects
Scratch Farm Kitchen,
Spoonbill Watering Hole & Restaurant,
Tsunami Sushi Lafayette, sponsored by Russo
TULA Tacos + Amigos,
and Ye Olde College Inn Steak & Bank Bar.
Interested in sponsoring a fighter? Email [email protected]
But wait, there’s more!
We have a delicious challenge for you. Participate in the #SnackdownChallenge for a chance to win Downtown Lafayette-branded SWAG.
All you have to do is eat all 16 sandwiches from our Snackdown participating restaurants before November 28. But you must share each experience on social media using the #SnackdownChallenge hashtag! Those who complete the challenge will be entered into a drawing to receive free Downtown Lafayette gear, including a DTA! Shirt, Downtown logo shirt, Downtown Lafayette sticker, and a Downtown hat.
What’s on the menu
- Agave Cantina Downtown: Tex Mex Burger: 100% Angus chuck burger glazed with mesquite barbecue, jack cheese, tomato, onions, shredded lettuce, fresh avocado, and applewood smoked bacon served with fries
- Black Café: Fiya Mac ‘n’ Cheese Burger: habanero mac and cheese, fried jalapenos, 1/3 lb patty, bacon, tomatoes, sriracha mayo
- Central Pizza: The Downtowner: double smash burger with a fontina and American cheese blend, caramelized onions, grilled jalapeños and a pimento spread on a sweet potato bun with waffle fries on the side
- Grouse Room: The Bootlegger: thick burger topped with bacon, lettuce, tomato, cheese and infused with a sweet and savory Sugarland’s blackberry moonshine barbecue sauce
- Handy Stop Market & Cafe: The Gobbler: homemade turkey patty made with secret spices, dressed to order on a fresh wheat bun, served with sweet potato fries
- Hideaway on Lee: I fall to Caprese: fresh beef smash burger topped with mozzarella, parmesan, Roma tomatoes, blistered cherry tomatoes, and basil pesto over a balsamic reduction, garnished with fresh basil on a potato roll
- Johnson’s Boucaniere: The Pastrami Burger: house-ground brisket burger topped with house-made beef pastrami, green chili, and smoked habanero Canebrake remoulade and caramelized onions on an Evangeline Maid bun. Served with a side of cucumber and tomato salad
- La Carreta: Barbaburger: beef patty, barbacoa, grilled pineapple, grilled fajita vegetables, Monterrey cheese, and lettuce on a brioche bun
- Pamplona Tapas: the Romesco: Wagyu beef, ribeye scraps, and hangar steak with Romesco sauce, lettuce and tomato served on a locally-baked brioche bun
- Pat’s Downtown: The Knockout: smash burger patty, secret Pat’s sauce, lettuce, tomato, bacon, and fried onion ring served on house-made bread
- Pop’s Poboys: Patty Melt: marble rye, Swiss and American cheeses, caramelized onions, and Cow Island dressing. Get a “fatty melt” by making it a double
- Scratch Kitchen: Fall Spice Burger: Great Harvest graham cracker bun toasted in Steen’s syrup coffee butter topped with grilled persimmons, Mahaffey Farms bacon, Ewing Farms sweet potato chevre whip, citrus aioli, and St. Joseph Homestead spicy greens. Vegan and vegetarian options also available.
- Spoonbill Watering Hole: Commander in Beef: 44 Farms 6-ounce beef patty on Martin’s potato roll with American cheese, grilled onions, bacon, and Rosie sauce, served with fries
- Tsunami: The Wusah burger: salt and pepper beef patty on togarashi-butter-toasted milk bread with avocado slices, kimchee slices, Korean barbecue Portobello mushrooms, and mozzarella/parmesan/provolone cheese spread seasoned with furikake, ginger, garlic, and green onion. Served with a side of Togarashi Fries (fries seasoned with togarashi, furikake, and butter)
- Tula Tacos & Amigos: Green Chile Cheeseburger: smashed chuck patty, shaved ham, green chile salsa, American cheese, Morita mayo on a toasted potato bun with Tula tots.
- Ye Olde College Inn: The Banker: double Patty, bacon, pimento cheese, lettuce, tomato, house-made sweet pickles on a brioche bun